The Advanced Level Exam (C1−C2)
A candidate who passes at the advanced level demonstrates that s/he
- can effectively and convincingly communicate in most situations,
- has a detailed understanding of demanding, longer texts and can reliably summarize their main emphases,
- can compose longer texts on complex topics,
- speaks naturally and fluidly,
- expresses himself/herself correctly in writing and speaking.
Format of the advanced level exam
|Exam section||Contents||Time allotted||Percentage of total grade|
|Reading and writing||Longer and shorter complex texts on a selected topic Report, essay (summarizing texts)||80 min||50 %|
|Listening and speaking||Lecture (notes)
Discussion about a specific topic, a longer monologue (presentation of a topic, summarizing a text)
|20 min. for listening and preparation, 15 min. for speaking||50 %|
|TOTAL EXAM TIME||115 minutes|
The exam at the advanced level is usually administered over two days (one day written part, one day oral part).